Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reese Katelyn Kinney




Ok, so I realize I am starting this late. I know some of you probably don't think the first post should be about Reese. That is where you are wrong. I know Paul and I had 3 years together before Miss Priss came into our world. And I am sure one day I will go back and touch on that, but for the time being, this is where I choose to start. The birth of our little girl changed my life entirely! When I saw my husband hold her and the look in his eyes when he gazed at her, I felt a different love for him. A love I can't explain, something deeper than before. Since I was a little girl with all my dolls, I wanted to be a mom. That was my dream, not to be a movie star or have lots of money, but to be a mommy. Paul gave me that (and so much more). When we walked up the aisle after we were married, I was sure I could never be happier, and never be more in love. I was so wrong! I loved him more each day for new reasons and in new ways. When he looked up at me with that tiny baby in his arms with tears rolling down his cheek, I realized this was a whole new realm of love. She was perfect in every way. Her hair was thick wild, and dark with blonde highlights. Her lips were perfectly puckered. Her cheeks were chubby and her little hands could fit perfectly around my fingers. No matter how many times I heard how amazing it was nothing could prepare me for the emotion I felt that night at 8:00 on December 27, 2007 when they finally brought me my precious baby Reese. I can not put in to words the feelings I felt for my husband and this new life that we created. That was one moment in time that I will never forget.


I promise this whole blog will not be filled with cheesy, mushy, gooey stuff. Hopefully, if we do it right it will be full the good times we share as a family and updates on what's going on with us. Oh, and of course there will be pictures!

1 comment:

The Loughran's said...

Love that you have a blog :) I love looking at Reese all the time, she's too cute!